Here are the main Highlights of Railway Budget 2014-15 presented by Union Railway minister Sadananda Gowda in Lok Sabha today(08 July 2014) at 12.00Hrs.
* Rail budget seeks course correction, avoids populism
* No increase in rail fare
* Stress on resource mobilization through PSU surplus, FDI and PPP
* Bullet train on Ahmedabad-Mumbai corridor proposed, Speed of trains to be increased in nine sectors
* More thrust on passenger amenities, cleanliness & efficient station management
* Multi pronged approach for improving safety & security, 4000 women RPF constables to be recruited
* Revamping railway reservation system into next generation e-ticketing, Wi-fi services in major stations & in select trains, mobile based wakeup calls for passengers
* 58 new trains introduced; 11 existing trains extended
* Railway university and innovation incubation centre to be set up
* Top priority to transparency, e-procurement to be made
* Compulsory in higher purchase, online registration for wagons in next two months
* Highest ever plan outlay of 65,445 crore with higher allocation for safety measuresRailway Reservation System will be revamped into Next Generation e-Ticketing System. Ticket booking through mobile phones and through Post Offices will be popularized.
Full Highlights (English): Click Here
Full Highlights (Hindi): Click Here
Full Railway Budget English : Click HereFull Railway Budget Hindi : Click Here